Sometimes it is really hard to describe a venue, place, or destination just by a phone call or text. This may be trouble if you want to hang out with your friends or go for a meeting. However, you won’t have to worry about this issue anymore. Now with your iPhone, you can share the location you want to any people directly without having to describe it. But how to do that? Here we have your answers. Let us guide you through the methods.
Turn On Your iPhone Location Service
Before sharing your location with everyone, make sure your location is turned on. On your iPhone open Settings>Privacy>Location Services and turn on the Location Services.
If you want to continuously share your location with one person over a period of time, click Share My Location and turn it on.
Share Your Location via Messages
This is very convenient as you can keep chatting with your friends and the location will show up on the chat window. Everything you have to do is:
- Open the message with the person you want to share your location with.
- Click the top of the screen, which has the picture that the person you’re texting with.
- Click the info icon (the “i” in the circle) and choose a location you want to share with.
- If you want to share your current location, click Send My Current Location.
- If you want to share your location for a while, click Share My Location and choose how long you want your location to show.
- Then click Done.
Share Your Location via Contacts
You can also share your location using the Contacts app.
- Open the Contacts app.
- Find the person you want to share the location with, and tap the contact.
- Click Share My Location and choose how long you want your location to be displayed.
Share Your Location via Google Maps on Your iPhone
If you have the Google Maps app open, you can share your location directly from here.
- Open Google Maps.
- Click the green dot that is addressing your location (if you don’t see it, click the arrow in the lower right to find your current location).
- In the menu that appears, click Share My Location. Choose how long you want it to show.
- Select each person from the list you want to share.
- When finished, click the Share button in the right corner.
Share Your Location via Apple Maps
Apple Maps also lets you share locations, but the process is slightly different from Google Maps.
- Open Apple Maps.
- Click the blue dot for your location address (if you don’t see it, click the arrow in the upper right corner to find it).
- In the menu that appears, select Share My Location.
- Select the app you want to use to share your location with, and use the app to choose who you want to share with.
There you go, now you have our guide on how to share your location on your iPhone. Do you have any other method to share your location? Let us know in the comments!