These two devices have become a staple in smart homes. They allow you to access the web with simple voice commands and set up tasks. Here is how to update HomePod or HomePod Mini software.
The HomePod was released in 2018 and it is an outstanding new kind of audio device. It has an incredible audio quality. Referred by Apple as “The Speakers of the House” it makes music sound better than any other speaker in the same category. The HomePod takes almost no space, but it offers immersive room-filling sound.
The speakers adapt to its location and deliver high-fidelity sound. Siri is integrated to the device and will help you with everyday tasks. It will allow you to control your smart home, set up other audio devices, and send messages to every-room Intercom.
The device is very secure and will maintain all conversation private. They only respond to “Hey, Siri”. Even when they record whatever you say after “Hey, Siri”, Apple’s privacy policies maintain your data secured.
However while it is true that the sound quality is incredible, it may offer features too simplistic for some people. That is why not everyone will go for these amazing smart house speakers. The sales price at the moment on the Apple website is $299.
Home Pod Mini
The Home Pod Mini is a recent smaller version of the Home Pod. it was released in 2020. It has been “jam-packed with innovation” by Apple’s own words. It has a very compact design at just 3.3 inches tall.
While the device is small, it can fill an entire room with a 360 degree high-quality audio. No matter from where it will deliver an amazing sound. At $99, the HomePod Mini is more economical than the HomePod and stilla great quality device to purchase.
Pros and Cons of the Home Pod and Home Pod Mini
- The devices can be controlled easily and effortlessly.
- They deliver an immersive loud and crips sound. It offers clear treble and bass.
- The HomePods have a powerful loud sound.
- You can receive calls even when connected to your iPhone.
- Siri is a great feature as a voice assistant.
- The design is sleek and compact, making any space look modern and cool.
- The HomePods, even the Mini are an undeniable expensive product for its utility.
- It doesn’t support radio.
- It cannot connect via Bluetooth. This may be very inconvenient for many users.
- It only works on iOS devices, so it is quite exclusive to Apple fanatics.
HomePod and HomePod Mini Scores
The smart speakers have been reviewed by both users and experts. While the experts showed some scepticism towards the devices, users’ opinion delivered a high score. In the end, users are those that truly have the opinion that counts as they consume the items .
|Based on 76 expert reviews|
|Based on 209 reviews as rated by users|
How to update the HomePod and HomePod mini
Updating the HomePod and HomePod Mini is very easy and simple. However, not everyone knows how to do it. This process is very straightforward and we are going to guide you step by step on how to update your Home Pod and Home Pod mini.
Step by Step
- The first step is to make sure the device you’re using for the HomePod or HomePod mini updating is also updated to the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS or macOS.
- Then, open the Home app and click or tap Home. You will find it in the top on the left-hand corner.
- Choose Home > Settings > Software Update. Click or tap Install Updates Automatically. This will turn automatic updates from on to off or vice versa.
- If you see a new update, then click or tap on Install. Doing this will install any available update on all of the HomePods set up on your house. The Software Update feature will also tell you if your HomePod or HomePod Mini is up to date already. It will also show the softwares you have installed in your HomePods.
- While the HomePod is being updated you will see a spinning light on the top. It may take some time for the update to install, so make sure they are plugged in while updating.